She

I knew she was there inside the room; I could sense her presence. She would be hiding somewhere under the desk or behind the pile of clothes in my room; my room's pretty untidy. I don't have to search for her; she'd come to me on her own. I am too tired and lazy to get up and switch on the lights. Even if I do, she would only recede into hiding again. I'll wait lying on my bed. When she approaches me, I'll catch her red-handed.

The baffling thing is how she managed to enter the house in spite of mom's efforts to keep her away from our home. I didn't mind her presence; but mom detested it totally. Mom wanted her little boy left untouched. It is funny that my mom still calls me her "little boy". I have finished my schooling and am going to join college in another month or so. But I had gotten used to it; I have asked her not to call me a little boy in front of my friends; just that.

I could see her approaching me, the faint light from outside helped. I am going to pretend as if I am asleep. She is hiding behind that big mound of books right now. I haven't cleaned my room till now. Exams got over long ago; and yet I haven't. Mom wants me to clean it asap so that she will not have any place to hide in my room. I have been putting it off until now. Maybe I should ask mom to clean it for me.

What is she doing at my footstep? Now I can't catch her without scaring her away. I'll wait till she comes further up. Yeah, she's coming up. She paused around my right hand for a few seconds and then came straight to my face. Now I could even hear her. She was looking between my right and left cheeks. This is the right time.

'Gotcha!!' I held her between the palm of my two hands. I sneered at her and whack! 'Die you filthy little beast' I laughed inside like the villains in hindi movies. I look at my hand. My! It is indeed red. I'd caught her red-handed. I will have to wash my hands now. I threw her lifeless body out of the window and went towards the bathroom.

I should ask mom to get a better mosquito repellent tomorrow. All these female mosquitoes cause Malaria, Dengue and what not? Who wants to fall sick?


This entry was posted on 11:33 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

    Heidi Kris said...

    i thought she was a cute little kitten

  1. ... on July 6, 2007 at 12:29 AM  
  2. Anonymous said...

    Interesting to know.

  3. ... on November 11, 2008 at 8:27 PM